Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stitching

2014 saw the start of a big creativity phase. So far, I've...

  • started and completed Teresa Wentzler's Stretch (her dragon logo) and a little Christmas ornament is ready to finish as a hanging ornament. 

Stretch
  • I also added some beads to Misty, one of the TW Rocking Horses. I think she's ready to frame now.
    detail from Misty

  • attended an embroidery class with Zeb, a new friend (who I'm sure will get me in lots of trouble and laughs in years to come). I'm fairly confident with about ten stitches now.
My StitchSmith owl. Yet to be completed. Cause I'm lazy.

  • started and completed Nora Corbett's Santa's Sleigh AND AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH IT, so much so that I have acquired six of her reindeer patterns.  
    The Sleigh, nearly completed (some beading was still to be done at this point)

  • started Nora Corbett's Arezzo, setting the bar high in making this my first colour conversion (hate the dress colour and the lilac roses, and have made the leaves darker) and my first "over 1", meaning over the one thread not the usual two. Squintville, here I come. Not sure if this is truly an NC or a Mirabilia design, but it's pretty and delicate.

Nora Corbett's Arezzo

I've also stitched quite a few Christmas ornaments (starting early, but there is a lot of downtime while you're waiting at league training and for reports to run) and made a cushion cover from a Pintrest image. Check out my NYC envelope cushion! 

No comments: